Casitas Pass Loop
The Casitas Pass Loop has a little bit of everything-- a bit of climbing and descending along the 150 to the beach, flat with a tailwind along the beach to Ventura, and a gentle uphill on the bike path back up to Ojai. A great temperate ride during any season!
48.5 miles / 2700 ft
We've made two routes on Strava: one takes the "local way," which is best done with a bike computer to navigate. The second route is simplified for those without directions right in front of them.View Route on Strava View Simplified Route on Strava
- Hwy 150 is the most busy during commute times. If you're riding during the week, it's better to wait until mid-morning.
- If you're riding in the morning, it's a good idea to bring lights, as it can get very foggy around the lake.
- The turn off of Hwy 150 is practically a U-turn onto Rincon Hill Rd. If you get to Hwy 101 via the 150, you've missed your turn.
- If you prefer to ride on the road rather than the bike path, you can take Santa Ana Rd up to Ojai instead.
- For sustenance along the route, we like Harvest Cafe for breakfast food, and Beach House Tacos on the pier for lunch.